Thursday, January 24, 2019

so far (and without any concern for chronology)

3 1/2 weeks in to the new year, i have:

finished three drawings and started a fourth

read a thin book of poetry

began teaching myself a Lana Del Rey song on guitar

had my first solo art show in New York City in an apartment in Ridgewood

ate cheese cake and drank coffee with the friends who came

visited my friend in the hospital

brought her tomato bisque

brought her lentil soup

cut her hair for her when we realized the chemo had taken harsh hold of her, her golden strands coming out in clumps unexpectedly early

cried with her

held her hand

fell off the wagon

got my period a week early

bloodied our new white sheets

cried in public because i was drunk and angry

i was drunk and angry because i was hurt

got back on the wagon

wrote my husband a thank you note

cried in front of two different friends, separately, for the first time

have extended no less than 5 apologies, all of which were most certainly deserved

sent my Grandmother 2 postcards

listened to "Loveless" by My Bloody Valentine for the very first time.

asked my husband to marry me even though we are already married

watched "Bob's Burgers" for the very first time

went to work

went to therapy

sang



No comments:

Post a Comment